Be part of one of Arizona's top leading schools.
Tri-city College Prep. High School is one of the top ranked to schools in Arizona
If you would like to be a part of this amazing school and prepare yourself for college you need to drop off your Application for Admissions beginning at 7:00am on Thursday, August 30th for students who are currently in the 8th grade.
We have capped our enrollment and the waiting list grows rapidly so get your Application for Admissions in as quickly as possible.
All incoming freshman are accepted via a lottery system. See the lottery system below for more information.
- Don't forget to have your child's birth certificate and immunization records ready with their registration form when you bring them in.
- Transferring students, in addition to records listed above, will need to include their former high school transcripts in order to get credit for courses already taken.
- Failure to include all required documents may result in you child's registration not be accepted as complete and delaying your child's registration.
* We cannot hold a spot open for your child. *
Re-Enrollment for Returning Students
Current students are required to re-enroll each year.
- Complete and submit the on-line Re-enrollment form between January 15th – February 15th.
- If you have moved since initially enrolling, please provide proof of your new residence, ie. utility bill, phone bill, driver’s license.
- If your student did not receive any new immunizations or boosters this year, you will not need to provide proof of immunization. Parents will be asked to sign an exemption
form for any missing immunizations.
- If not submitted in the timeframe in Step 1, the student will be withdrawn from TCP after the last day of the current school year.
- Download, complete, and submit the Application for Admissions beginning September 1st of the students 8th grade year.
- Lottery drawings September 30th and March 1st
- If selected in a lottery, submit in person the Enrollment Packet with all documents by the deadline on notification letter. You may download the packet here: The Enrollment Packet may be downloaded here.
- If not selected, the student is placed on a waiting list according to the date on the Application for Admissions.
Per A.R.S. 15-184(B), siblings of pupils currently enrolled in the charter school shall be given enrollment preference.
- Download, complete, and submit the Application for Admission and the Enrollment Packet with all documents between January 15th and February 15th.
- If the Application for Admission and the Enrollment Packet are not received during this period, the student will be placed into the March 1st lottery.
- If student is not drawn in the lottery, they will be placed on the waiting list according to the date on the Application for Admissions.
- Download, complete, and submit the Application for Admission and include current transcript.
- The student is put on the waiting list according to the date on the Application for Admission
- If/when an opening occurs, the next group of 5 students on the waiting list will be called. The first student to bring in a completed Enrollment Packet and transcripts to the office, and needs classes where TCP has room will be accepted.
- Students who do not wish to be considered for enrollment at the time an opening occurs will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list.
TCP’s overall school capacity is based upon the school’s charter set by the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools. TCP enrollment is based upon a lottery system then waiting lists (based on the date and time the registration form was received) once capacity is reached. Eligibility for enrollment is not based upon academic ability, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, income level, disability, English proficiency or athletic ability. Capacity for each program, class and grade level is reviewed on an annual basis based on enrollment projections and therefor capacity in certain areas may be reached before overall capacity is reached.
Freshman applications will be accepted starting at September 1st of a student’s 8th grade year. Lottery drawings will be held for 9th grade enrollment on September 30th and March 1st. If selected in a lottery, submit in person the Enrollment Packet with all documents by the deadline on the notification letter (see above for enrollment packets and information). If student is not drawn in the lottery, they will be placed on the waiting list according to the date on the Application for Admissions.
Enrollment for 10th-12th comes from a waiting list for those grades. When an opening occurs, a group of students from that grade level waiting list is called. The first to respond, that needs the classes in which there is space, is accepted.
Siblings of currently enrolled students and children and grandchildren of staff and Board Members can receive automatic enrollment if registration is received before the first lottery drawing. After this time, siblings may be treated like any other new registrant.