Statement of Success
Tri-City College Prep is a top performing school for college preparatory education in Arizona and the nation.
The following facts document this statement:
- TCP is a fully accredited through Cognia and has maintained that status since its first year in 1999. TCP was one of the first public high schools in the state of Arizona to have full College Preparatory accreditation.
- TCP is ranked #1 in the Prescott, AZ metro area by US News and World Report. (https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/arizona/rankings/prescott-az-39140 )
- TCP has a 10 out of 10 rating on GreatSchools.(https://www.greatschools.org/arizona/prescott/2121-Tri-City-College-Prep-High-School/)
- TCP is a top ranked college prep school on Niche with great reviews from students and parents. (https://www.niche.com/k12/tri-city-college-prep-high-school-prescott-az/)
- TCP ranked in the top 1% for overall test scores by Public School Reviews data.
- TCP was recognized by US News & World Report as “One of America’s Best High Schools”
- 2022 graduation class of 41 students offered more than $2 million in scholarships. On the CCRI, 83% of the graduate exceeded the state’s graduation identifiers while all graduates met or highly performed.
- TCP offers many dual enrollment college credits through Yavapai Community College.
- Multiple graduates have received an Associate of Arts/Science degree prior to a H.S. diploma.
- TCP has had multiple National Merit scholarship finalists and winners.
- TCP hosts over 30 extra-curricular clubs, student groups, and athletic sports.
- TCP holds memberships in the following organizations: National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), Science National Honor Society, Tri-M International Music Honor Society, National English Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, Rho Cappa (History Honor Society), Cognia, and Arizona Charter School Association.
- Academic Competitions in which TCP has participated and won awards include: Thumb Butte Invitational Forensics Tournament, Academic Decathlon, Yavapai County high schools regional math competition, Mu Alpha Theta Western US Region, International Western N. America Reg. Robotics Competition, Arizona Mock Trial Competition, Arizona State Envirothon, Poetry Out Loud, College Bowl, College Science Bowl, Young Playwrights Festival, NAU Jazz and Madrigal Festival, NW Regional Band, Orchestra and Choir, GCU Mock Trial.
- Our girls’ soccer team were the 2022 State Champions for their division.The boys’ team placed 2nd in the state.
- TCP students are competitive in the Northwest Regional Music Competitions each year. Our Music Director is serving as the Northwest Regional Music Leader.
- TCP hosts the Yavapai County Middle School Math Competition each year.
- TCP middle school started its chapter of National Junior Honor Society membership in its 2nd year.
- Multiple faculty members have been nominated and been finalists for Yavapai County High School Teacher of the Year and featured in the Champions of Education magazine.
- TCP students published a book about WWI which was accepted by the Library of Congress and have also published multiple creative writing anthologies.
- TCP’s superintendent was selected for Arizona’s Department of Education Circle of Honor as an Exemplary Educational Leader.
- TCP high school students placed first place overall in the ERAU math competition 2020.
- TCP middle school students placed first in the Yavapai County Middle School Math Competition.
- TCP Envirothon students represented AZ in National Competition multiple times and continues to be a top competitor in state competitions.
- TCP Robotics is competitive and qualified for the state competition in 2022.
- TCP Archers have qualified for Nationals almost every year of the club’s existence.
- AZ Department of Education granted TCP an A letter grade, which we have maintained since the system was established.